Individualized Healthcare Plan (IHP): The Individualized Healthcare Plan is a document written by the school nurse that contains confidential health information, special medical procedures, and/or treatments regarding a student’s specific healthcare needs during the school day. Parent authorization and signatures are required at the beginning of every school year.
Examples of Individualized Healthcare Plans (IHPs) include:
- Severe Allergies (Anaphylaxis requiring an epinephrine injector)
- Seizures (Bring Seizure Action Plan to Health Office)
- Diabetes (Bring updated Endocrine orders to the Health Office)
- Severe Asthma (Asthma Action Plan requiring frequent use of maintenance and rescue inhalers)
- Bleeding Disorders
- Severe Headaches/Migraines
- Additional IHPs available, as needed.
Attached IHP forms: